Can't remove all my contacts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Paul Pritchard, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Paul Pritchard

Paul Pritchard New Member

I just got off the phone with Apple and they informed me its impossible to remove all the contacts on your iTouch unless you either reset completely (and lose everything), or delete one by one. There are 5000 contacts on this iTouch and if they think I am going to sit here all week doing that they have another think coming.

Anyone got any ideas . . . . . . .
  2. chowsden

chowsden New Member

how to remove most if not all contacts

Assuming you synced your outlook contacts... go into iTunes and select to sync contacts. Change the option from Outlook to Windows Address Book. Down at the bottom it will ask if you want to "replace" the info on the iPod with the new addresses, check this box yes. Hit apply and start the sync. I don't have any addresses in my Windows Address Book, so it completely wiped out all of my unwanted contacts. Even if you do have some addresses in there, after it has synced for a few seconds, hit cancel sync and it should have gone far enough to remove all of the contacts and if it started uploading contacts there probably aren't as many as you had before. That will make deleting them manually (if you have to) much easier.

Good luck, it worked for me.