Can't remember that game

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Ex-Touch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Last year, I saw this video somewhere about this awesome new military game. It said that the map was immense and that it would take you 3 hours to walk across it and 12 minutes to fly across it in a jet. This is actual time too. Which means, if it's 12:00 PM wherever you live, and you jump in the game and walk across the map, it will be about 3:00 PM when you get across it. I really want to figure this game out. It looks amazing, and I want to know when it's coming out.
  2. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

Sounds pretty incredible, the draw distance is either amazing or it's full of mountains.

Far Cry 2 takes about an hour and a half to walk across and since theres no planes it takes about half an hour to drive. It's mostly mainly 50 km/sq of open savanna desert.
  3. Chriscyco30

Chriscyco30 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    A game that realistic? You're better off just climbing a real mountain.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Well, I've never played FC2 yet, but I'm gonna get it eventually. But yeah, I really want to know what this game is. It was amazing.
  5. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

Took me about 3 days to ******* FC2 and believe me, it was worth it.
    It has the best draw distance in any game so far, but there are some flaws with it.

I've been looking around for this game that you speak of, but still no luck :/
  6. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Damn. I would really like to see it again.
  7. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I remember hearing about the game you are talking about but I can't remember what it was. If the sound of it appeals to you, you should definitely check out Just Cause. It's probably the biggest game world I've seen (1000 sq km) and it still looks fantastic, in my opinion. Especially from the sky during a sunset. The game world is probably close to what you speak of in your original post. It takes a good while to fly across the entire map and I wouldn't even want to estimate how long it would take to walk. The main problem with the game is repetitive missions and an empty world, but a sequel is in the works so I'm sure they'll solve that.
  8. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    the only game i know of with jets for ps3 is warhawk..and it does have some large maps
  9. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's so good. It does sound like the game in OP, it's freaking HUGE. My favourite part was getting as high as you physically can and parachuting down *sigh* good times.
  10. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, it was brilliant. There is so much the game done right (the graphics, the stunts, the scale, the vehicles) and a lot it got wrong (boring missions, empty world, vehicle pop-in) but as a sandbox open world "Do what you want" game, it's one of my favourite just to mess around in. And to think it was done in a last-gen engine. The sequel, which aims to expand upon the world in terms of size, stuff to do and mission variety is being created in the new next-gen Avalanche 2.0 engine. I expect great things from it!