Can't recover Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsfarthing, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jsfarthing

jsfarthing New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, im new so don't start gettin angry if this post has already been made.
    Anyway, i got an ipod touch today and when i plugged it into itunes, it said to update to the new firmware (3.1.1 i think) so i downloaded it and tried to update it, although it was stuck with the box sayin "updating" for about 30 minutes and the ipod had the apple logo and an empty progress bar. i then unplugged the ipod and plugged it back in, it then said it has to recover it. When i press the recover button, the same thing happens! it just sits there saying "recovering ipod" and doing nothing. I keep unplugging it to try again, but it keeps happening.
    thanks
  2. 9Rifles

9Rifles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had a similar problem, navigate into AppData and find the ipsw file, delete it and then re download it. It worked for me, I got a corrupt file I think.
  3. ikenipodtouch

ikenipodtouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think I'm having the same problem. I've put my Ipod touch 2G in DFU mode and plugged it in the computer. Itunes recognizes my Ipod and the recovering process can be started, but after a while it's stucked to one of the steps and it doesn't proceed. I've tried many things but nothing worked. I've also tried it on an other computer, and then it did work, but I want it to work on my own computer, so please help...