Can't receive call in sleep mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IDK12, Apr 18, 2009.

1. IDK12

IDK12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod can't receive call when it in sleep mode. It works fine when it on but not when it went to sleep mode anymore. It used to work fine. Anyone here know why? thanks
  2. DancingGopher

DancingGopher New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's an IPOD not an iphone...and if ur using skype or something it obviously wont work on sleep mode
  3. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

are you on siphon? cause thats the only downside to it..no receiving calls when app exits..i think
  4. IDK12

IDK12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, though you are wrong. I got it working with siphon while in sleep mode without existing the app before. Sorry, I forgot to mention i use siphon.

Thanks. If the app is opened and the ipod went to sleep you should still hear it ringing. However, I use backgrounder when I exit the app and even if it's in sleep mode i should be able to hear the ipod rings. I know this because it worked before.
  5. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You need to use both backgrounder and insomnia.

Backgrounder lets apps run in the background. But when you lock the screen, after about 30 seconds it closes everything, like apps, backgrounder and wifi. Insomnia prevents your ipod from closing things when it goes into sleep mode.

So activate both insomnia and backgrounder and see if that works.

I had to do that for Beejive and that sort of thing for it to run when the iphone was in sleep mode.
  6. IDK12

IDK12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you. It works. What I don't understand is why it worked for me before without insomnia.

Now that everything works. Is there a voicemail for voip if my ipod is offline?
  7. Aznr00t

Aznr00t New Member

Thanks so much I never knew about insomnia.