Cant reboot after jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad' started by keegan123, May 11, 2010.

1. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cant reboot after jailbreak [kinda solved...i hope]

I just got a 64gig wifi ipad. I have tried 3 times and restored 3 times. It jailbreaks okay with spirit, lets me install things from cydia etc, but once something wants to reboot the trouble starts. Upon rebooting it just hangs at the silver apple logo. I'm sure it's not something that got installed from cydia, because the last time I tried it, I didn't install anything except the jailbreak, never even opened cydia and rebooted it. Any ideas?
  2. owner

owner Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I had this problem with an iPod Touch one time. I would say your best course of action to connect the iPad to the computer and run the Spirit Jailbreak again and see if that reboots it.
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Try that, and let us know if it continues to hang at the same spot. Also, restore it, run spirit, open Cydia (and let it do it's first time organizing thing), and then manually hold the power button and slide to shutdown. If it hangs while turning back on after that, I'm not sure what to do

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2 more tries and it worked. I just don't get it. I found this http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93442&highlight=freeze+boot and was going to try that (but then it miraculously worked) but that seems a little old and refers to the 2.x firmwares. So in my case the fix is to keep restoring and jailbreaking. I'm curious now if anyone else is having this problem, possibly someone smarter than me that can figure out why. It's gotta be something with 3.2 because at this point I've spirited 2 3gs's and 2 ipod touch 2gen's all at 3.1.3