Can't quit applications in 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by kschueleraugsburg, Jun 19, 2009.

1. kschueleraugsburg

kschueleraugsburg New Member

Does anyone else experience the same: since upgrading to 3.0, it seems that I can not quit applications. Before, it you pressed the main button for a number of seconds, it actually ended the application from running, and returned you to the main screen. Now, pressing for long time does do nothing, even upon releasing the button I'm still in that application.
    When pushing the button only once, for short time, then it brings me back to main scree. It appears that the apps are still running then.

Anyone have the same, or am I missing a setting or something?

Thanks!!!
  2. wSYayo

wSYayo New Member

you have to hold the lock/unlock button until it says power off then hold the home button until it clears
  3. kschueleraugsburg

kschueleraugsburg New Member

That really appears to be like an unlogical way to do it, but thanks! Hopefully with 3.01 or so they will fix that and offer a more logical way to quit apps.

Thanks again!!
  4. punkdude600

punkdude600 New Member

Make sure u have checked ur general settings to be sure ur home button settings are what u want them to be. Under 3.0, go to settings>general>home, and u can edit the home button settings there.

Please Register or Log in to view images