Can't play vids anymore

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by klemo, Feb 2, 2008.

1. klemo

klemo New Member

Hey there
    I jailbroke my 1.1.3 ipod some time ago and i also got the iphone apps on it
    but since today my ipod dosent play downloaded videos anymore podcasts work but not the downloaded episodes of maybe lost form the itunes store...
    what will happen if i restore it?
    Will i have an unjailbroken ipod on 1.1.3?
    thx for ur help...
  2. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

You will have an unjailbroken 1.1.3. Some of the 1.1.3 jailbreaks have a problem of doing that. I hate that.
  3. klemo

klemo New Member

so but whats with my music and vids they dont run????
  4. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

For as far as I know about the music and videos that you download using the iTunes WiFi store, you cant listen to. Personally I dont do that stuff because I get my music and videos from LimeWire and u*******. So all I have the knowledge of is that you can't listen to your music or watch your videos because of some of the jailbreak methods. I am not 100% sure if you restore it they'll be there but I don't know anything about the download from iTunes stuff.
  5. klemo

klemo New Member

i didnt downloaded the music from the itunes wifi musicstore i downloaded it form my pc
  6. SynnR

SynnR New Member

Go to Settings--->General----Reset all Settings
    It should work after that.
  7. b.c.

b.c. New Member

Hi, new member of the forum here. just thought I'd add my experience here in case it helps anyone. I had a slightly different problem, but solution was same.

my problem: jailbroken 32GB iPod Touch was playing ALL media just fine, including YouTube, regular (non-DRM) MP3 and MP4 files, purchased iTunes music and iTunes Store previews.

then I had a hard crash while trying to use PDF Viewer, could only exit by holding down power and Home and rebooting. when iPod restarted, after that I couldn't play ANY media, even the unprotected stuff. I'd get the dreaded "this movie could not be played" even with MP4 movies that I had ripped and transferred from my computer. even regular MP3 audio in iTunes wouldn't play - no audio out. same thing for iTunes Store previews, and YouTube. Once fine, now dead.

this had happened previously after some hard crash, and last time I ran out of ideas and just did a re-jailbreak to solve the problem.

but then today it happened again, and I found this thread.

short story: the above Reset All Settings tip fixed my problem. no need to painfully re-jailbreak.

hope this helps someone. oh, and thanks for the Reset tip!
  8. fog80

fog80 New Member

WOO HOO! That reset worked for me.
  9. BSBarrows

BSBarrows New Member

Sooo.... Reset didn't work...

So I did the reset with 1.1.3 and I still can't play purchased videos on my iPod. What the hell. Really showing my that I should buy stuff (I never purchase any media, but it was a gift, the iTunes card) Any Idea's I really don't feel like re-jailbreaking waaaay to many apps to re-jailbreak.
  10. ctrlaltcoupe

ctrlaltcoupe New Member

Awesome... THANKS!

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 1.1.4 using Ziphone, and then I got the dreaded cannot play video or music problem.

The reset fixed it!