can't open cydia nor install it

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by crescal, Aug 16, 2008.

1. crescal

crescal New Member

I've just upgraded my ipod touch to version 2.0.1 with pwnage tool and i suppose that the crack is complete.
    My iPod got automatically the installer4 and cydia. The installer4 works well with the sources i found in this forum.

But when i click the cydia icon, a blank page appears in a few seconds, then returns to the desktop.
    Then I tried to reinstall cydia using installer4 as what the cydia official site said but I got the message "unable to decode...". After checking some posts here, I guess this message is due to the incompatibility of decoding installer3 scripts.
    Then how could I reinstall cydia now? Is there any installer4 sources which contain cydia? Or is there any other ways to reinstall cydia?

two more newbie problems:
    1. Is there any ways to copy and paste in Safari/other apps?
    2. Is there any ways to remove icons from desktop?

Thank you
  2. Gonzo89

Gonzo89 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think that for your Cydia problem, I'm afraid restoring and doing the jailbreak again is the best bet. Although someone might know a workaround, so see if anyone replies. I've looked in Installer, and there is no option to install Cydia.

Your other problems

1. You could get MobileFinder, it's only $1.99 and includes a text editor with copy and paste, and the ability to edit file systems and store documents.

2. Once you have Cydia up and running, get an app called Poof. It allows you to remove and hide icons you dont want cluttering your desktop, like Stocks and Clock.
  3. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1. You could use iCopy, but it's Safari only.
  4. crescal

crescal New Member

Thank you for replies.

Finally got the cydia problem solved, though I still don't understand why.

The solution is to rejailbreak my ipod in VISTA

Please Register or Log in to view images

I tried to use my macbook with pwnage tool to crack for a few times, but the problem is still there. But when i use my desktop PC to jailbreak, no problem encountered.

Time to enjoy
  5. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Gotta LOL at that

Please Register or Log in to view images

Glad it's solved!