Can't modify media folder /var/root/

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by alexancz, Apr 17, 2008.

1. alexancz

alexancz New Member

I go in to var/root/media. I press create than folder and nothing is happening. I'm trying to move folder from /var/root to var/root/media- I can't. I'm trying to delete EBooks folder from /var/root/media- again no result, even when i don't have book app installed anymore.
    It's an ages I'm trying to find way how to create this PDF folder and I'm getting confused now. Everyone says just create that PDF folder- and I CAN'T DO IT- I'm an idiot i know but please help me on this one. Just want to read PDF books in the viewer.

Ipod touch 8 GB, 1.1.4 jailbreaked
  2. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

maybe your permissions are messed up?
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Sounds like your using mobilefinder. If you are you have to install the suid lib fix and 1.1.3 finder fix. There in tweaks 1.1.3. I know it says 1.1.3 but it doesn't mater they work just fine on 1.1.4.
  4. alexancz

alexancz New Member

Yes I have mobile finder. I had to install it, because I wanted to have text edit

If I try to modify folder media and change read/write/exec things for owner group or everyone and press done it won't remember changes.On the very end of file properties list it says imutable: true AppendOnly: true and the permissions is 493- if those inf are any good for you (as I don't know is it supposed to be like this)

If the permission are messed up how can I fix them, and is there any point installing 1.1.3 tweaks/ fixes if I'm 1.1.4?
    I had to install some apps in order to have those i wanted to have so I have some strange Jiggy, Jiggy Runtime, PHP, BSD Subsystem- I don't know what are they but is it possible that some of them don't "like each other and cause problems/ conflicts?
  5. alexancz

alexancz New Member

I'll try that suid lib jimbeam- thx
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    And the finder fix.
  7. alexancz

alexancz New Member

I've installed suid lib (nothing changes

Please Register or Log in to view images

), but I can't find the mobile finder fix- what source is that from?
  8. alexancz

alexancz New Member

I found that fix for mobile finder on www.ipod-respository.net, but it says main script execution failed! every time i'm insatlling it. Any more idea's?
    And I installed app called Ifix- it detected 4 problems and fixed them (including permissions).
  9. alexancz

alexancz New Member