cant listen to music anymore on my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by dragnandy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

with hidepod, i tried to hide the video app because i never use it, but when i hid the video, it also hid the music app so i just unhid it because having a video icon was not a big annoyance. but like 2 days after that (i didnt use my ipod in those 2 days) i realized that i could not access my music through the app. like id click on it, then 2 or 3 seconds later, it goes back to the springboard. its like when u SSH an app into the ipod touch without changing permission. but i dont know how to change the permissions so i cannot check if the music app was messed up. is there a way to reinstall the music app? i really dont want to restore my ipod again.

edit: the video app doesnt work either.
  2. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    SSH into your iPod, find the HidePod app, delete it, restart your iPod, hopefully the icons should be their, and if you want, reinstall hidepod
  3. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

i got the icons to reappear when i went back to hidepod and 'unhid' them, but then my music app does not work. how do i fix this?
  4. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    when you say it doesnt work, do u mean your music wont open...does anything happen when you tap the music icon?
  5. dragnandy

dragnandy New Member

it starts up, and restarts back to the springboard after like 2 seconds.
  6. ThatWasOffTheHook

Device:
    iPod touch
    well im not too much of an expert but that sounds like a permissions problem. However, ive never heard of changing permisions on the Music app in fact im not ever sure you can. So i truly believe your best bet would be to SSH and completely REMOVE hidepod.app and hopefully itll work, if it doesnt, all i got left is one word, RESTORE..Good Luck