Can't jailbreak (Quickpw) following the sticking thread...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by galaxy99, Nov 30, 2008.

1. galaxy99

galaxy99 New Member

I am in firmware 2.0 and downloaded correctly both qkpwn and qkpwnguide120 from sticker thread. Unzipped the both zip files to a folder.

I made a folder contains iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore, QuickPwnGui120 and subfolder QuickPwn. (I also tried move sub-folder Quickpwn's content out of the subfolder to the mail folder, the result is the same)

Where shall I place those file and sub-folders anyways?

I killed all apple***,itune*** files.

Quickpwngui120 runs find, clicked on run. It crashes on "loading restore.plist (1344)" each time!!!!!

I also tried it on .Net Frame 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 as well as 3 machines running xp and vista.

All the same result, dying/crashing right on "loading restore.plist (1344)"!!! I have no clue why it doesn't work for me. The other method "restore" sounds very complicated to me as I am a bit tech challenged...

Please HELP!!!!

I just looked into the QuickPwn subfolder, it has "iPhone1,2_2.0.1_5B108.bundle" kind of stuff in it. Does it mean it is for 2.0.1 not for 2.0????!!!!???????? How do you get on a clear 2.0.1 after downloading the 2.0.1 firmware??? I used store function to upgrade my 1.14 to 2.0. Shall I do it again from 2.0 to 2.0.1?

I am very confused. I like to stay at 2.0 for now though...

Added:

ipod touch 16gb 1gen
    itune 7.7

Thanks
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

ok, here's what you gonna do.

download the correct ipsw. put it on your desktop. (the 2.0 you want)

and quickpwn (for 2.0) here

after that, close all your applications (on PC) or restart.

open itunes,

then,

put your ipod into DFU mode. How to DFU? click here.
    (you need really to DFU mode. )

then restore by the correct ipsw file.

after restore, JB using quickpwn.
  3. galaxy99

galaxy99 New Member

does it mean if I don't go to DFU mode, my upgrade from 1.1.4 to 2.0 is not clean? (shift + upgrade with downloaded iPod1,1_2.0_5A347_Restore)

Also what is this "loading restore.plist (1344)"!!! crash about?

Thanks,