can't jailbreak my ipod touch... please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by seym, Nov 24, 2008.

1. seym

seym New Member

hello everybody!

i somehow can't jailbreak my ipod touch after upgrading from jailbroken 2.1 to 2.2 via itunes on osx.
    first i tried (several times) to build an ipsw with pwnage tool but the process failed at "Detaching Restore Ramdisk from '/Volumes/ramdisk'."
    then i remembered that the dev-team blog says "for ipod touch 1g use quickpwn", so i upgraded to 2.2 via itunes and tried to jailbreak via quickpwn. it also failed at "Detaching Quickpwn Ramdisk from '/Volumes/QuickPwnRamdisk'."

what am i missing? am i doing anything wrong?
  2. mcyo

mcyo New Member

Try a restore to 2.2 and use QuickPwn again.
  3. seym

seym New Member

thanks for the quick answer!

will i lose my data on the ipod with the restore? if not, how do i restore it and keep my data?
  4. Elric

Elric New Member

I assume you are using a First Gen iPod Touch?
  5. seym

seym New Member

yeah, sorry, i forgot to mention. ipod touch, 32gb, first gen, FW 2.2 and a mac osx leopard.
  6. Elric

Elric New Member

Back when I had my 16GB, when the 32 came out, you couldn't JB the 32... has this changed?
  7. mcyo

mcyo New Member

That was on 1.1.4, using ZiPhone. We're now having 2.2, and Iphone Dev. You actually can jailbreak a first gen 32 gb iPod Touch now
  8. seym

seym New Member

so far, i had no problems jailbreaking my ipod touch... not with 1.x nor with 2.x firmwares... and i dont think the problem is the ipod, since the process fails while detaching volumes on my mac