Can't jailbreak my 1g iPod Touch - please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by bimple, Nov 14, 2008.

1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have tried everything I can think of to jailbreak my 8GB 1g iPod Touch, and so far nothing has worked, and I have been trying for awhile.

I have used Quickpwn, following all of the suggestions here, and downloaded the latest version of Quickpwn form the dev site, and also the 2.1 firmware from apple, and it keeps hanging up on the "Preparing your device..." screen, and I have restored my firmware about a dozen times in the process. I have tried it on 3 diff puters and the same thing happens each time.

I also reluctantly tried ziphone - still no luck.

Is 2.1 an especially hard firmware to crack? Should I try 2.0 or go back to an even earlier firmware? Are they easier to jailbreak? If I do, what will I be missing out on?

Is it easier to jailbreak using OS X on an apple puter?

Can I upgrade the firmware once it is broken?
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    First, connect to itunes and upgrade to 2.1 firmware. If you upgrade a jb touch, it just becomes the upgraded unjb firmware. Once you've upgraded, then use quickpwn to jb.
  3. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply - I have done that - upgrading to 2.1 via itunes, but I am already at 2.1, but when I have gotten locked in the restore mode I have upgraded/restored to 2.1 and then tried to jailbreak. When I turn on my ipod touch after jailbreaking it asks to connect to itunes, so I do, and then it gives me the warning about the icons, and the dismiss button. Is it better not to connect to itunes once I have upgraded/restored and just jailbreak without doing that, or doesn't it make a difference?
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Somehow, given that you downloaded ZiPhone to jailbreak 2.1, despite the website saying you can't JB anything but 1.1.4 and below with it... I'm not sure you're following the instructions correctly.

With QuickPwn, plug it in normally, close iTunes, then run the program. Let it kick the iPod into Recovery mode, THEN make sure you power it off while holding down home, continue holding down home for around 13 seconds, then let go of Power and wait for it to continue.
  5. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I downgraded to 1.1.4 and tried ziphone. It didnt work either, so I upgraded to 2.1 via iTunes and tried quickpwn again.

Also, when Quickpwn goes in to the "preparing your ipod" mode the prompt for holding down the hold and power buttons never lights up - it just says "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode" and never advances past there. Am I supposed to hold them down before the prompts come up? Thats the hang up... I never get the prompts to light up.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

If you jailbreak 1.1.4, that doesn't jailbreak 2.x. Plus, your iPod should've switched to REcovery Mode once the program started at that point - is the iPod directly connected to the PC?
  7. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My ipod switched to recovery mode, but Quickpwn just hangs up and never advances to the next step, where it asks you to hold the HOLD and POWER buttons etc. - Quickpwn just hangs there forever with the message "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode." Also - I never got it to jailbreak with ziphone in 1.1.4 - I have never had any luck with any jailbreaking whatsoever.
  8. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Try putting your iPod in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, and then let it cool for a while.

Pick out your favorite type of icing (I prefer Chocolate) and spread it all over the screen. Finish it off with sprinkles.

THEN try the jailbreak.

Good luck..
  9. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    -_-

don't give up your dayjob
  10. Karcus

Karcus New Member