Can't Jailbreak Ipod Touch 8G 2nd G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CJSpiller, Apr 7, 2010.

1. CJSpiller

CJSpiller New Member

Hello everyone, I have been having problems to jailbreak my ipod touch recently. I would appreciate it if someone could help me. The Firmware of my ipod is 3.1.3. I am also using a Mac

Thank you for reading this thread

kyle
  2. albey20

albey20 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you got to be more especific, what is the problem?
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can use redsn0w 0.9.4, then show it a 2g 3.1.3 firmware ipsw
  4. ChrisEvil696

ChrisEvil696 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    or you can downgrade to 3.1.2 and use blackra1n that's what I with mine. I cant say anything bad about anyother jailbreaks cause i tried blackra1n first.
  5. CJSpiller

CJSpiller New Member

thanks for responding.

I tried to Jailbreak it with RedSnow 0.9.4 and looks like I got the wrong firmware. I followed all the instructions but when it says wait for the screen to be white after the DFU, It never happens. It says wait for reboot and it never comes to a conclusion. I would like to know if it can be Jailbroken. After looking here: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware on my ipod it says 7E18 it cant be jailbroken. What I wonder is if I could downgrade to another version and then jailbreak it...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok Ive resolved my Firmware problem but now everytime I finish with Cydia or Blackrain, when it says reboot, my ipod automaticly comes back and I have resinstall the 3.1.3 again
  6. albey20

albey20 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It seems you have a MC ipod, you cant reboot it or turn it off, Make the jailbreak with blackra1n but try not to reboot it.
  7. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He doesn't need blackrain, he's already jailbroken with redsn0w. Some Cydia installs require a reboot - not just a respring, so that's unavoidable. But once he is done installing what he wants from Cydia, he can avoid rebooting.

Also, just to be clear, you don't reinstall the firmware, you just re-apply the jailbreak with redsn0w.
  8. CJSpiller

CJSpiller New Member

well Ive tried but no success. I dont know why it wont work

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can anyone still help?

Thanks
  9. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    try pwnage tool? also desribe your problem more, im not in with this (cbf to read all of this) just sum up you problem
  10. CJSpiller

CJSpiller New Member

ok I have a Ipod Touch 8GB 3rd Gen Not 2nd Gen. My firmware is 3.1.3 and I downgraded it to 3.1.2. Then I used Redsnow,Pwnage and blackrain, and I never get at the end of it. I just did blackrain again and I see the custom reboot screen and then I see the apple logo and right after that I see the USB cord pointing the Itunes logo on my Ipod Touch. Then my itunes opens up and then I have to restore it again so I can try to jailbreak it again.

Hope it helped

Thanks