Can't Jailbreak after downgrading.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by This_dude, Aug 20, 2009.

1. This_dude

This_dude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok here's my problem, I have an ipod touch 2g and I upgraded and jailbroke os 3.0. I used it for about 2 weeks but decided to downgrade back to 2.2.1 cause of wi-fi issues.

I have searched and read every forum before writing this cause looked down upon if not. Anywho, I was successful in downgrading to 2.2.1 and everything was gravy but now that I want to Jailbreak it with Redsn0w 0.72 it tells me "Unable to recognize specified IPSW." when i browse for the iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore firmware.

So just as an experiment I browsed for the 3.0 software and it recognized it right away. I know it would be stupid to used that software to jailbreak so it wont be done. I just want to know why it will recognize the 3.0 software and not the 2.2.1. My ipod touch is using 2.2.1 firmware right now and I started off using itunes 8.2 but didnt work so I downgraded that also to 8.1.1 but still didn't work.

If anyone can help with this problem it would be appreciated. Oh and I also used other jailbreaking software (i.e. quikfreedom, and quickpwn.) but still no luck.
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    use redsn0w 0.3