Can't jailbreak 2.0, can't restore back to 1.1.4, help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cs475x, Aug 31, 2008.

1. cs475x

cs475x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well, I HAD a perfectly fine working jailbroken iPod Touch on 1.1.4 with the January update. Then I decided to update to 2.0 to try some of the app store apps I've been wanting to try since before I got my iPod. After successfully updating, I tried to jailbreak with QuickPWN and it didn't work. I tried again multiple times and it didn't work. Then I decided to just restore back down to 1.1.4 because those 'fun' apps I wanted aren't as amusing as the ones from Installer. Then, I got error #20 after it extracted the firmware (It is the official firmware from the apple server "iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw"). So I then thought maybe something is wrong with my 2.0 firmware, so I updated to 2.0.2 and tried again. Still got the error #20.

By the way, every time I restored, I DID setup my iPod as a new iPod.

So, now I'm stuck with 2.0.2, wishing I had never updated in the first place since my 1.1.4 theme was kick ass and I had a sh*t load of awesome applications.

Any ideas on how to fix and restore back to 1.1.4?
  2. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you need to downgrade itunes to an earlier version in order to downgrade back to 1xx firmwares i believe 7.5 (current being 7.7)
  3. cs475x

cs475x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    K, thnx for the reply and info (i know, my first post was all professional typing and this is like IM typing... because i wanted ppl to understand what i meant very clearly

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

How cant you JB? Make sure you follow it to the letter
  5. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    and try winpwn instead of quickpwn, ive never tried quickpwn buy ive never had any sort of problem with winpwn, and now the new version is out with a easy to follow setup
  6. cs475x

cs475x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I found a video on youtube that helped me, thanks for the help... luckily i made a theme backup, installer source backup and screenshots of my apps, now its as if i had never updated to 2.0
  7. scottyy

scottyy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    nice nice nice
  8. Ezra

Ezra Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    LOL, What do you mean "Didn't work". QuickPwn works fine.
  9. magbunnyx

magbunnyx New Member

>.<

I downgraded itunes to 7.5 and it still didn't work. So i kept trying lower versions. It just says "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (20)." i don't know what to do. i have a 400 dollar paperweight right here. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
  10. cs475x

cs475x New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    if u would search around, u would c many posts saying quickpwn doesnt work.... Search is there for a reason, buddy