Can't jailbreak 1.1.2 since 1.1.3!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by impulse29, Jan 27, 2008.

1. impulse29

impulse29 New Member

I mistakingly upgraded to the 1.1.3 jailbreak before I knew that it wasn't the official one by the dev team. So I've been trying to downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, install oktoprep and then install 1.1.2, and then jailbreak it. But that's where the problem occurs. Everything works fine until I run the jailbreak.jar file. It finishes fine, but the iPod touch just has the connect to iTunes symbol, and it won't do anything.

I restored the iPod touch twice (in a row) to 1.1.1 since I hear it makes a difference using iTunes 7.5 (not 7.6). I'm using a mac btw. Can anyone help me out with this?
  2. betojf

betojf New Member

same boat here i have a mac as well
  3. impulse29

impulse29 New Member

What worked for me is using the jailbreak.jar file and clicking the Boot from Recovery button. I had to quit and do it twice, but when I took the iPod off its dock, restarted it and put it back on its dock, it went into normal mode and started working.
  4. twicked

twicked New Member

same issue here with Windows. Running the windows.bat file just closes itself immediately and I'm left thinking ... now what?

Also, jailbreakme.com TIFF file no longer downloads, just shows a "?" instead. Hmmm....

UPDATE:

After reading impulse29's 'boot from Recovery' tip, I thought maybe this will work on Windows as well... So I opened iphuc and 'enterrecovery', closed that and tried launching windows.bat again to no avail.

Still not working, now i'm also stuck in recovery. LOL, I don't want to have to restore the fw to 1.1.2 considering I just did that. Darn.
  5. twicked

twicked New Member

FYI: Restored back to 1.1.1 and hopefully will be able to start from scratch. Will provide additional details on how I get it working again if I can or will return for help if I cannot. lol, stay iTuned.

UPDATE 01/27/08 3:44 PM EST(-5:00):
    Good News: Installed jailbreak and Oktoprep, and the tiff exploit fix as well just fine on 1.1.1. Install games and other 3rd party apps, jailbreak works beautiful. Time to upgrade to 1.1.2 and get this ball rolling.
    Bad News: Upgraded FW to 1.1.2 went smooth, followed all steps as per Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak methods.
    Also followed all methods as per You Tube's unknwruler92 videos. However, even after closing iTunes and all apple SW, included ipodhelper and that jazz, WINDOWS.bat will not launch. What the hell???

Any help would be much appreciated, community. Thanks for everything so far!
  6. alcohol120

alcohol120 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    same thing happened to me but im on windows and whenever i try to run the jailbreak.jar it just says i need to install ocktoprep, after ive done it abot 6 times today alone
  7. alcohol120

alcohol120 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    same thing happened to me but im on windows and whenever i try to run the jailbreak.jar it just says i need to install ocktoprep, after ive done it about 6 times today alone
  8. twicked

twicked New Member

Fixed!!!

Wow. Let me first start by saying, wow.

Okay, this is actually surprisingly easy in hindsight. I will try my best to resolve this for Mac, but once I tell you how it was resolved for WINDOWS, then I'm sure Mac users will fly through this.

In XP: I started from scratch.
    1. Using iPhuc, enterrecovery and then cmd go
    2. In iTunes 7.5 (important) Shift-Click restore and downgrade to 1.1.1 FW that I downloaded earlier. Sorry, cannot provide link.
    3. On 1.1.1 ipod touch, using safari go to http://jailbreakme.com and install AppSnapp
    4. Install all updates for community, install bbs, open ssh and tweak 1.1.1 for oktoprep. Jailbreakme auto-installs tiff exploit fix.
    5. On XP, download 1.1.2 FW and use iTunes (Shift-Click Update) to upgrade to 1.1.2
    6. Close iTunes.
    ....more steps below, but first....

Last few steps to get this to work

7. Using terminal or CMD, navigate and manually launch the jailbreak (Windows.bat or jailbreak.jar).
    8. CMD told me that Windows.bat could not launch because it did not recognize any java commands....why not???
    9. INSTALLED JAVA from here
    10. Run Windows.bat again and now it launched.
    11. Follow all on-screen instructions from there and voila!
  9. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Eject it from itunes first, but keep it pluged no the computer
  10. tootricky

tootricky New Member

CLICK the "boot from recovery button" in the Jar file. I had exactly the same problem.