Can't Install VT100 Terminal

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Enigmafan420, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Enigmafan420

Enigmafan420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HELLO-

I am terribly new at the whole iPod touch thing, but I have a 32GB-with the 1.14 on it. I jail broke it using iJailbreak and all is well. Once broken, ity installed the "AppTapp Official" installer. I then installed BSD substem and OpenSSH.

However, when I try to use the install to install the VT100 terminal from Conceited Software, I get the following error message "Package Download Failed".

Note that I get this even after clearing the download queue.

I am really wanting to enable the shuffle CD option that Apple has hidden and the directions say I need to install VT 100.

Can someone tell me please what I am doing wrong, or if there is another way to enable the shuffle CD (instead of just songs) option?

Thanks in advance and forgive me if this is duplicate!

Jack
  2. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

ahh good you installed OpenSSH
    use a SSH client (WinSCP will do) and access your iPod
    if you need additional help in SSH-ing, feel free to PM me
    anyways, if you do know how, then just chmod the installer folder to 777
    it should help you
    no gurantees though sry

EDIT

sry i didnt finish reading your post
    if you want the shuffle album feature
    install "Advanced Preferences"
    it should give you that feature
    also unleashes bunch of other feature that apple hidden, like you side
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have the Conceited Software repo? Have you tried to restart you ipod? Repo might be down or busy
  4. Enigmafan420

Enigmafan420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Follow-up

Okay, I guess I should have stated that I am a MAC user-so I am using Cyberduck to access the iPod-It will not log me in and I am assuming it is because I have not installed Vt100

I have tried to power cycle the touch, and I was thinking that maybe Conceited was down too, but I have been trying since Saturday with no luck.

Thank you to those who are helping this n00b!

Jack
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I use mac's also. You need OpenSSH to use Cyberduck. Term-vt100 just let's you run terminal commands from the ipod itself. Have you cleared the queue in the installer?
  6. Enigmafan420

Enigmafan420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes cleared the queue many times-power cycled the iPod-Was wondering if it is a problem with 1.14?

When I use Cyberduck , i set to http://192.168.0.90-current IP address of iPod-port 22-it is trying to log on-but it fails, tries again, and then quits.

The directions I got to unlock advanced preferences were from the iloung.com forums. I think the issue I am having is that I do not know what the password is to log on-according to these directions if "you installed openSSH afterwards do this:" then it tells you to make sure BSD and Terminal are installed and to change the password. Default was user root and pass alpine, but these will not allow me to log on to the touch-so I was going to use Terminal to reset password.

Thanks again!

Jack
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Install the SUID Lib Fix, don't change the password, it tells you specifically not to do that. Do you have BossPrefs so that you can check if SSH is even turned on?
  8. Enigmafan420

Enigmafan420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where do I get the SUID Lib Fix?

And I asume I do not have bossprefs as I do not know what it is. Where can I get that?

Jack
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    All of them will be in your installer
  10. Enigmafan420

Enigmafan420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, have installed SUID Lib Fix and Boss Prefs-nothing ever even asked me for a password.