Cant Install Appsnap

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by rosspetrie, Dec 5, 2007.

1. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

Hey, managed to downgrade to 1.1.1 fine.
    when i go to jailbeakme and click install appsnap it just seems to freeze on that page, not sure if its doing anything at all, hae tried waiting ages and still nothing.
    I just have to press the home button to get back to the main page, try again and it freezes again.
    help would be appreciated
    regards
    rosspetrie
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Are you absolutely sure you're 1.1.1 now? You can check that in the Settings / General / About.

There is also the possibility you had a wrong version of the firmware, where did you get it? Maybe this thread can help you: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13257
  3. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

version says 1.1.1(3A110a)
    think thats the right one.
    really dont know what else to do, such a pain.
    any thoughts?
  4. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm clueless. The version number is the correct one.

How much memory are you using on your iPod, how much free is left? iTunes can tell you that, or under Settings / General / About.

I know that the file they use to do the exploit on Safari 1.1.1 is http://jailbreakme.com/files/y.tiff, and that it contains the signature of a trojan (Bloodhound.Exploit.166) since it's based on the same exploit - "Bloodhound.Exploit.166 is a heuristic detection for the LibTIFF TIFFFindFieldInfo Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability". So it is possible that you are behind a secure router implementing an anti-virus... but it's far-fetched. If you want to rule that out, download the file, the MD5 is A2F5FF5C286BA88206B9F825B13EA525 but chance are your anti-virus will tell you all about it right away.

Maybe their website was temporarily down when you tried? It's working fine now anyway, and the files are correct.

Or has Apple changed the firmware file everyone downloads to restore to 1.1.1? Sounds hard to believe. The one I have successfuly used has the following MD5 digest: 81F96D9D3A7FFB576A855DCD79C07D16.

What was the conclusion of your other problem, with the USB, was it on the PC side?
  5. rosspetrie

rosspetrie New Member

with regard to the other problem, was a pc problem yeah.
    got a usb hub and that fixed it straight away.
    still cant install appsnap, freezes up straight away and nothing happens

*edit*
    i spoke to soon, usb hub did not help at all, i completely give up.
    going to the apple store tomorrow