Cant hook up to the WiFi Router

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by fhscot, Sep 15, 2010.

1. fhscot

fhscot New Member

Hi Folks
    Just got myself a new Ipod touch and i am very happy with it , except for the fact I cant hook up to the WiFi Router! Heres the story
    I have an Archos 7 and a Nintendo Wii and are both working on my WiFi setup at home and secured by WEP 64 Bit Password/code, I put in the same WEP password/code into my Ipod touch (G2 upgraded to os4.1) only to get the message "unable to join the network '********' .Can you Help?

Added 16 Sept
    {Since I wrote the first message i've changed the passphrase on the router and did the same for the Archos and Wii, Both work with the new passphrase
    Unfortunately the ipod still responds with "unable to join the network ********" with the new passphrase, so i've disabled the WEP security on the router completely and i still get the "unable to join the network ********" message}
    I'm beginning to think my new ipod is faulty
    Cheers
    Freddy
  2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I had a similar problem with my school network, during the brief period I was on 4.1 it was fixed and now back on 4.0 it isn't. But I have no idea what is causing your problem.

You could try changing the password?
  3. fhscot

fhscot New Member

Cant hook up with router

All is well I went into my belkin router setup and disabled MAC filter control (thanks to heristom i'm now online