Cant hear from the reciever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kugalojan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. kugalojan

kugalojan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I baught my iphone 4 today. When i call someone, or i accept their call. I cannot hear anyting, unless i enter speaker mode or put headphones on. I do not know why?

Is there a easy solution? i do not want to wait another hours and hours of queues just to get my phone checked at apple.

Thanks in advance
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Is the earpiece volume all the way up? If it is, try going to Voice Memos and record yourself saying "Test" a couple of times. Play that in Voice Memos with speaker disabled on the top-left. If you still can't hear the audio file, then try restoring in iTunes. If restoring still doesn't fix it, you're going to have to take it to an Apple Store to have it replaced.
  3. JaySole

JaySole New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If the front screen cover is on it the screen cover is blocking the sound since it is also over the sound receiver.
  4. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    @JaySole I was just going to say that. I tried calling someone right after I got it and I was like, oh, I'm not going to be able to hear because of the screen cover. xD

Make sure the screen cover is off (the one the phone comes with.)
  5. BAMitUp

BAMitUp New Member

So after I make a call I walk up to the guy regulating the entrance to the Apple store in front of hundreds of people, and i'm like: "Dude I cant hear sh*t from phone call and its all the way up!"... he then proceeds to remove the plastic film on the front of the iphone and I look like a retard in front of everybody..
  6. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    NICE! I walked up to an Apple Official saying that FaceTime was not working for me. It wasn't when I called someone, even though they got the FaceTime button.. He finally found a phone that could do FaceTime and it worked. Oh well =/
  7. kugalojan

kugalojan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The screen protection is all removed.

I tried the voice memo, it doesnt work :/. Its fate that i get a dodgy 1 i suppose lol
  8. kugalojan

kugalojan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I went to the apple store, they exchanged it for me and gave me another new 1.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Does it have the antenna issue?
  10. kugalojan

kugalojan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no, i tried doing it but my signal does not go down. I live in da uk, so its o2. My signal is full