Can't hear audio during facetime call or on recorded video's!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d2345, Aug 6, 2010.

1. d2345

d2345 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, so when my wife and I got our phones everything was working fine. Now about a couple of days ago we tried to do a facetime call and I can hear her but she cannot hear me. I then decided to check any issues with my audio, so i recorded a little clip. I then noticed that my audio did not appear after recorded. So here is the run down, I can hear audio with facetime fine but no audio in recorded videos. My wife cannot hear audio during facetime nor audio in recorded video. I tried doing a clean restore and no help. The mic is not covered, so i have no clue what it could be. All audio from speakers work in every other area just not these two. IF you have came across this problem and came up with a soultion please let me know. Thank you in advance
  2. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    It may just be that your mic doesn't work :/. Take it to the Apple Store and let them have a quick look at it.
  3. d2345

d2345 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would be able to take my wife's, but i just recently got my screen replaced due to cracks from a company besides apple. You think that will deter them from looking at it?
  4. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Does it look noticeably different from the average iPhone 4? If so, then obviously don't try, lol. But, if it looks very similar or exactly the same, then yeah, by all means, give it a go. Obviously, don't tell them that you've had your screen replaced.
  5. d2345

d2345 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah i guess i will try to do that, you think the recent jailbreak had anything to do with it? I did see the change after the jailbreak?
  6. dodgy

dodgy Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Hmm, well I can't say for sure, but, a software jailbreak wouldn't really affect the mic which is hardware. However, if by any chance, it did affect it, a restore would have sorted out all your problems and you said you restored and you still had the issue. So, maybe it's just an issue with the mic itself. Maybe.