Cant go into dfu

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by knifeproz, Feb 13, 2009.

1. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i got my ipod touch jb by my friend and i was doing what a video told me to reboot it and i was using cyw00d. so now i was almost done! but i did not have the ipsw file and while my ipod was with a WHITE SCREEN i SHUT IT OFF. NOW I CANT GO BACK TO DFU AND/OR MY COMPUTER DOESNT RECOGNIZE IT... please help me i've tried similar threads like this telling me to PUT IT IN DFU but MY IPOD WONT GO INTO DFU...the screen is now black i dont have it recognized by my pc and it wont turn white. please help i will love you if you do
  2. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It's not gonna turn white right when you plug it in...Try putting it into DFU mode like this

Hold the sleep/power button and home button, when you hear a "DING" like sound come from your computer, let go of the sleep/power button hold the home button until you hear another "DING" like sound, it should now be in DFU mode, don't unplug it, but find a program that boots it without you having to unplug it like, Decovery, that's a very good one, give it a shot and let me know how things worked out.

*EDIT*- Next time if you don't know what you're doing, don't get it jailbroken, me and a bunch of other forum-goers are getting aggravated with all these "Won't or Can't go into DFU" And other threads like that...
  3. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i cant HEAR a beep...read my post again and it will say my computer WONT RECOGNIZE THE DEVICE...so now i cant get the device to boot up as in charge OR even go into DFU...NO BEEPS JUST A MESSAGE SAYING ITS NOT RECOGNIZED
  4. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well, keep trying, that's all I can really say, I can say that you're not screwed, because from what everyone knows, you can't brick your iPod.
  5. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this is the EXACT thing that's happening to me

please help me i tried to REBOOT and now i CAN NOT go into DFU AND my PC DOESNT RECOGNIZE my ipod...THERES NO BEEP AFTER THE 10 SECOND HOLD and then the 6 seconds (held it even longer) ALL I GET IS DEVICE NOT REZCOGNIZED...PLEASE HELP
  6. seanG

seanG Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok when it says usb device not recognized start holding the power and home buttons until it goes away then let go of the power button and keep holding home until it says recognized.
  7. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    you need to have LibUSB installed

then go into DFU

use the boot tools/helper and try again

Please Register or Log in to view images

make sure your timing is correct

there are other tools that doesnt need LibUSB and use Search
  8. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i do have LivUSB on my PC but it just wont recognize the device and i DID hold the two buttons when it said not recognized adn it doesnt say that it is recognized afterwards

please help me i tried to REBOOT and now i CAN NOT go into DFU AND my PC DOESNT RECOGNIZE my ipod...THERES NO BEEP AFTER THE 10 SECOND HOLD and then the 6 seconds (held it even longer) ALL I GET IS DEVICE NOT REZCOGNIZED...PLEASE HELP

this is whats happening.
  9. unknown1337

unknown1337 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your'e either not getting into DFU correctly, or one of the components are missing. You're not bricked, I had this before. Keep trying with what was suggested above.

Just so you know, it's impossible to brick an iPod Touch.
  10. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Plain and simple- you shouldn't have jailbroke.

Mine never says it's recognized? I just hear the dings, and load up a booter, so you are doing something wrong dude...