Can't get to restore in 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by PLX, Jan 29, 2008.

1. PLX

PLX New Member

I upgraded to 1.1.3 from a jailbroken 1.1.2 and have successfully downgraded to 1.1.1 using the hold home+top button while connected to iTunes to restore before. I have done it several times actually. This most recent time, Google Maps wasn't working on a jailbroken 1.1.3, so I decided to just go back through the whole process again to get a fresh copy. However, now when I'm connected to iTunes and hold down home+top, it doesn't work.

I hold both buttons until the iPod turns off and release the top button while still holding down home, but then nothing happens. It usually takes about 10 seconds or so but I have tried holding it down for up to 3 minutes and still nothing. iPod still looks off and iTunes doesn't detect an iPod in restore mode. So basically, I can only use it as a standard jailed 1.1.3 iPod and can't downgrade to any previous firmwares. Any suggestions?
  2. tsice19

tsice19 New Member

Here is how I do it...
    Plug your iPhone into your computer. Run iTunes...
    1. Hold down the power and hold button until itunes stops displaying your iPhone
    2. Hold the home button until it reapprars in the list
    Now hold down shift and click restore. Then select your 1.1.1 firmware.

"THIS WORKS ON iPOD TOUCH"
  3. PLX

PLX New Member

Thank you for your input, but that does not work for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

You could try the iPhuc method.. that works no matter what...

If you have a Mac, you will need to track down a Mac version of iPhuc, then place it in the directory with the rest of the stuff downloaded from the link in ipodtouchmaster's video.
  5. PLX

PLX New Member

I can't get iPhuc to work on Mac. I tried searching, but can't find a tutorial, only mentions of it. And the stuff that I did find pertained only to Windows.
  6. stetter

stetter New Member

Hi, did you get a solution to your problem??

I have exactly the same problem... I have tried iphuc, but it does not work! :-(
  7. PLX

PLX New Member

Sorry, unfortunately I haven't. So right now I'm still stuck with a jailed 1.1.3. Hopefully somebody on these forums will see this thread and provide a solution.

Edit: stetter, if you find a solution, could you please post it here? Thanks.
  8. stetter

stetter New Member

Hi..

I have just got my own 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1

I tried another computer with itunes 7.6, and then it could reconize my ipod in Recovery mode.

Thank god. I got my Touch back from hell!