Cant get the jailbreak to finish on Ipod Touch 2.1 with quickpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Turd_Furgeson, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Turd_Furgeson

Turd_Furgeson New Member

Hi all, i seem to be having a different problem then most on here. i get past all of the first steps with quickpwn, i get to the last part where it tells me to wait while the ipod is being prepared for the jailbreak, ive left it sitting there for long periods of time (a half hour or more) and the ipod never reboots or anything. its like quickpwn just stops working.... Ive redownloaded quickpwn lots of times and tried different versions... official and morphys they all do the same thing... any advice? i really wanna jailbreak my ipod!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do you have 2.1 firmware on your device and on your desktop?
  3. Turd_Furgeson

Turd_Furgeson New Member

Im guessing i have the right thing since i get a green checkmark when i select it on that step
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That doesn't mean anything other than you know which device you have. Now is your ipod updated to 2.1 firmware? Do you have a copy of the 2.1 firmware on your desktop?
  5. Turd_Furgeson

Turd_Furgeson New Member

My ipod has 2.1.... But your saying i have to download it to my desktop as well?
  6. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes, your iPod is supposed to be on which ever firmware version you're trying to jailbreak. You also need to have that version firmware download somewhere on your computer. You can either download it off apple's site or use google, or you would have to find it on your computer. I forgot where it was located though. I'm sure there's a topic around here that would explain all of this.
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates
  8. Turd_Furgeson

Turd_Furgeson New Member

Ok now i got that worked out, but this time it wont get past the waiting for recovery mode part like everyone else gets.... and whats worse my ipod began starting up ONLY in recovery mode and i had to restore it... So im kind of afraid to try this again... any more advice? also i was using morphys version of quickpwn if that matters
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind guys! i tried the official version and it worked like a charm! thank you for all the help!!!
  9. Krazy_Kow

Krazy_Kow New Member

I cant get it either ... I have posted in another section so I wont rant here ... I have jb'd b4 but this one wont ...