Cant get pasted Geohot boot logo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ricemast, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Ricemast

Ricemast New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys,
    I have an iPhone 3GS on 3.1.2.
    I was running the Blackrain jailbreak perfectly, and as i am on the new hardware everytime i boot, i have to use blackrain again. thats no big deal, however, today, i wanted to do a full battery cycle so i let it run down and turn off. then i plugged into itunes and it charges on the low battery graphic, then booted and showed me the connect to itunes logo. so i run blackrain, and it just gets stuck and then shuts down.. i am on itunes 9.0 and have tried mac osx, xp, vista and win7. and it all happens the same.

the only thing i can think off is that it is running out of battery before it can boot.

anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,
    Ricemast
  2. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try letting the battery die and try again
  3. Ricemast

Ricemast New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok, thanks for the response,
    I will try that now.

PS. i had a look on the modmyi forums and a couple of people are having the same issue.
  4. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    otherwise just restore and rejailbreak
  5. Ricemast

Ricemast New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I realllyyyy, dont wana do that.

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    I just tried blackrain again, and after messing around on the geohot logo, it went to the low battery graphic again, i think it must be just low on juice.

trouble is, i dont think it charges much before it wants you to connect to itunes, and when that screen shows, it stops charging. :\
  6. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think this will work. update to the latest itunes (the one that blocks blackra1n) and download this
    http://rs352.[PIRACY.rs].com/files/372840997/Blackra1n_for_iTunes_9.1.zip

its blackra1n but just with support for itunes 9.1 , its not a different program and its not blackbreeze its blackra1n straight forward modified for itunes 9.1. The only difference is that this blackra1n you have to install on your computer instead of just double clicking it. so after the install is done try it!
  7. Ricemast

Ricemast New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys, thanks for that.
    Still no joy. Just ran 9.1 blackrain.
    After the geohot logo for about 5 mins,
    it just went to the red low battery screen.
    i think it just doesnt have enough battery. i dont know what i can do...

i think ill let it charge over night
    see if that'll work...

i dont think it charges whilst on the "connect to itunes" logo...
  8. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you need to run blackrain over night so the loop continues to jailbreak, then in the morning it should be at the lockscreen, this is the only way that currently works to get it out of the recovery mode loop
  9. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    You can get out of the recovery mode loop but running RedSn0w and clicking "already pwned" if it already is; It'll patch the boot and it'll restart and you'll be back to your phone, with it already synced since it's not restoring it.
  10. Ricemast

Ricemast New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey, i only just seen your post. but i did allootttt of messing around with all the differnt jailbreaks yesterday,

My solution was: I upgraded to 3.1.3, then down graded to 3.1.2, then boot tethered with redsnow (PC) then ran blackrain (MAC) then when rebooted ran redsnow (MAC) to get passed geohot logo.

Blackra1n doesnt seem to want to boot passed the logo on 3GS' now, but redsnow seems to do the job, it takes a few minuites but t gets there.

[ps. not sure if the differnt operating systems have anything to do with it, just happened to be the machine i was usuing]

Too sum up, for all 3GS users stuck in the boot loop, run Redsnow instead of Blackra1n

Please Register or Log in to view images