can't get packages to download.. help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by seanw343, Jun 29, 2008.

1. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

First I jailbreaked my IPOD 8gb using the information from this website http://www.ipodtouchhacks.com/ipod-touch/detailed-instructions-on-how-to-jailbreak-114/

Second, I bought my 8gb ipod touch about 6 days ago so im pretty sure it already has teh new software.

I followed everything it said to do. Except where it says too add, "To get the January apps, go to the sources tab and click edit, and add http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml " I did this and it just froze my ipod so i had to do another restore and then skip that step.

Now Whenever i go to install a package such as the NES roms it says "error package download failed"
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Clear your queue, refresh your sources, reboot, and then try again.

New software = Mail, Notes, Maps, Stocks, Weather. If you have those, you already have the update. If you don't, add http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml as a source and download iPhone apps + Wiggle.
  3. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

ya when i first turned on my ipod touch out of the box it had all those apps...how exactly do i refresh my source?

since i already have weather,stocks, etc what should i do?
  4. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

ahh im stupid.. okay i refreshed my sources and it asked me to update my installer so i did and now it let me download the NES roms... do you recommend i download anything important such as tweaks and such?
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You don't need to download the January/iPhone apps then, no need to add any sources.

Is it showing Package Download Failed! for all things, or just ROMs from a specific source? If it's just ROMs, then the source is probably down. If it's everything, click "Install" on a package, but don't click "Install" a second time, click "Clear Queue". Then, go to the "Sources" tab, and click "Refresh" at the top left. Then exit installer, and restart your iPod.

Edit: lol.

etc, etc.
  6. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

ya i got the NES emulator installed but it is now saying i have no roms installed and that i have to upload them to /var/mobile/media/roms/nes

what exactly and where exactly is that ha
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Do the steps above first, then (after finished), open Finder, and go to /var/mobile/media/ROMs and check if there is a NES folder.

You used ZiPhone, actually, so skip steps 2 and 4.
  8. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

okay so skip the bsb and the ssh part?
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Yes, they are automatically installed when you use ZiPhone.
  10. seanw343

seanw343 New Member

okay i did everything .. now what