Can't get OUT of DFU

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brsboarder, Feb 13, 2009.

1. brsboarder

brsboarder Member

So, I did the semi-tethered jailbreak, and installed something that when I reset, it cycled. I tried to reboot using a program, but it wouldn't work. I am stuck on the screen of the ipod with the connector to itunes. I tried to use itunes to restore, and it says it successfully restored, but then goes no where with that. Any ideas what to try?
  2. Jaikob

Jaikob New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hold home and power for 10 seconds?
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

open up the iboot shell, and boot from the normal kernel

Code:
    redj0hnny shell
    or
    Code:
    irecovery -s
    then
    Code:
    fsboot
  4. brsboarder

brsboarder Member

Ok, So, now I can get out of recovery mode and into DFU. However, when I followed the normal tethered Jailbreak, everything worked perfectly, until I had to boot it up for the first time after using itunes to restore the pwned firmware. Well, I used Boot ipod, everything went fine, but as soon as the screen turned on, the apple symbol changed to the itunes and usb symbol. I can then get it back into dfu, but if I try a normal restore w/ itunes it says it doesn't have one for this ipod, and if I do another restore with a none-pwned firmware same thing happens