can't get online with my ipod touch

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by irened, Dec 5, 2008.

1. irened

irened New Member

Hi Can anyone help me. I have a strong wifi conection which i have just set up, but i still can't get online. The message reads (Safari could not open page because the server stopped responding. Please help. Irened.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. alifantis

alifantis New Member

Yeah, I have the same problem , managed to creat my home wi-fi connection, and on the ipod it shows full signal on the blue signal tab but it doesn`t connect to itunes, app store or youtube , safari. What could be the problem? is it something with pe ipod(NOT) or something to do with the connection. I use an network wireless adapter , i managed to do it without an router (just made my own connection from control panel) . Please !!!!! help us, btw wi-fi works at my school`s hotspot.THNX
  3. msg123

msg123 New Member

it's a DNS problem... wat u have to do is click the arrow next to your connection on ur ipod and add all your details manually. Just so u know wat to write... go into command promt and type in "ipconfig/all" and it should tell u ur DNS settings/ default gateway.
  4. alifantis

alifantis New Member

thanks for trying to help us out but nothing apears at the default gateway.i typed in the dns from my local area conection . but now instead of giving my the no conection error it says: Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding. this happens no mather the site. What else could i do? does the MAC filtering has something to do with this?