Can't get my ipod to boot back up.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by keegan123, Feb 12, 2009.

1. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've followed this guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137683 on my 8 gig 2g and when i get to the point where i restore from the custom ipsw file it went okay, appeared to complete, and the ipod turned off. That was the last time it was on. iTunes won't recognize it, system profiler doesn't show it. I've rebooted and tried diifferent usb ports. I've tried to get it back into dfu mode by holding both for 10 seconds then home for 7 several times, then home for 10 and 12 several times with no luck. I tried the emergency restore mode over and over where you hold home while plugging it in and continue holding. I've also tried holding home and sleep buttons in different combinations for short periods and several long periods. I've spent about an hour searching the forum (and finding several things saying itouch cant be bricked

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and I just can't find a method to get it to do anything at all. What am I doing wrong?
  2. mars231

mars231 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol dont panic, just open a timer and carefully time urself when going into dfu mode, make sure u hold both buttons for exactly 10 seconds then let go to power button and keep holding the home for another 8 or 9 seconds and check wih itunes to see if it says ur in recovery mode, if it does say it, ur back into dfu mode, if not just keep trying.
  3. sashavol

sashavol New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recommend instead of a timer just hold power and home for 10 seconds, and then keep holding home til the computer recognizes it, get 1clickboot if u have a pc...
  4. keegan123

keegan123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Got it. I enabled display seconds in System Prefs and got it with 10 and 8 on the third try. Apparently my mental clock is off. Thanks dudes!
  5. smarttart62

smarttart62 New Member

Just a quick end-note...
    Generally I hold home for around 20 seconds, and I've never had a problem going into DFU mode. If you're using windows, keep your sound on. You'll hear when it gets into DFU mode.