Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Can't Get my iPod in DFU Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by deleted account 92, Feb 9, 2009.

1. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

My computer is WICKED slow and my brother is being an asshole and won't let me use his. So now my only choice is to use my mom's.

I was installing something and it froze so I had to shut it off. But apparently, my iPod won't go into DFU mode on my mom's computer. And I know how to do DFU mode, so don't just explain to me what DFU mode is. I installed libusb, c++ and the 1clickboot tool and whenever I open it, it just says "waiting for ipod in DFU mode". And I can't get it in DFU mode...

Wtf do I do? I really want it for school tomorrow.
  2. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hold home and lock button for 10 seconds exactly, and then let go of the lock button and continue to hold the home button for 8 seconds, your computer should recognize it then.
  3. deleted account 92

Did you not read my post? I said I know how to do DFU mode, so I don't need it explained to me. This computer just isn't recognizing it.
  4. mikeman118

mikeman118 New Member

Did you try restarting the computer? I am unable to use the booters (like 1clickboot and such), because they always leave my iPod at the white screen and then stop working. That causes the computer to fail to recognize my iPod no matter what I do, but then if I just restart the computer it finds my iPod just fine. Hope this helps!
  5. deleted account 92

I haven't tried restarting yet.

I'll see if it works.
  6. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Hold home and sleep for EXACTLY 10 seconds and then just home for EXACTLY 10 seconds more.

I did this like 20 times and it didn't work until I did it EXACTLY for that amount of time.
  7. deleted account 92

I've done DFU mode plenty of times on my brother's computer. I know how to do it and I've tried it like 20 times as well. And it doesn't have to be exactly, its until it disconnects and connects.
  8. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, for me on Cywood's step 5 i had to actually count the number of seconds (even when there was no chimes or sound indicated that the ipod is being disconnected or connected) to get into DFU mode.

Do it for the right amount of seconds, 10 hold both sleep and home button, 8 seconds after- still holding home button.
  9. deleted account 92

Wow, are there any users that can read here? I don't need to be told how to do DFU mode! I'm not an idiot!
  10. bigjimmy

bigjimmy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just a reminder that it is alot easier to do this on a Xp computer but i had a similiar problem that everytime i would hold down the buttons for 10 and 8 at about 8 of the first 10 seconds a second bubble saying device malfunctioned would pop up. So i thought about thinking out of the box and so i tried holding both buttons down long enough for for the first bubble saying that the device malfunctioned -once that bubble went away i let go of the sleep button and held the home button until a bubble popped up saying device driver being installed and it worked saying apple ipod(dfu) device driver installed

i think how long you hold the buttons down depends on how much stuff you have on your ipod and how big it is (storage wise)

hope that helps if it doesn't i'll check back to see what you posted