Can't get ipod in DFU mode with vista

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Recoveringhobo, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Recoveringhobo

Recoveringhobo New Member

I understand there has been other threads covering this before, but none of the other threads have helped. So today I decided to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g with Quickfreedom. Since I am using Vista 64-bit I had to follow the instructions for libusb. Now when I got past that step and was instructed to put my ipod in DFU mode I simply can not. I have tried hundreds of times today.

Most of the time when I hold power and home at the same time the power off slide button will not disappear, but every once in a while it does disappear and the apple logo shows up and then I let go of the power button, and then after I hear the connecting sound I let go of the home button. But this results in a restore.
  2. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Once you get to that point you need to continue with quickfreedom. Right now your screen should be all black. Press the "Start Pre-Jailbreak" button in quickfreedom and it will make the ipod screen turn all white. Once it's all white you hold shift on your keyboard and then click restore in itunes. Then select your newly made custom firmware and it will install it.
  3. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DFU happens irrespective of your operating system. You just lack the understanding to enter it with ease.
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

When it's in recovery mode (the part where there is an iTunes logo and an iPod cable) Hold power and home. Exactly when that logo disappears, release the power button.
  5. billybojilly

billybojilly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What do you mean it results in a restore? iTunes tell you to restore because the iPod is in recovery mode? lol If its doing that close iTunes and do what QuickFreedom tells you do to.