Can't get into the Install.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheateate, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cheateate

cheateate New Member

I have a Jailbroken 8gb Ipod Touch with v1.1.2 on it. I recently opened the Install.app and saw that I could upgrade the app itself to v3. So I started to download it, but it quickly backed me out and threw me out on the home springboard. Now, when I even try to open the Install.app, the ipod starts to open the program (like a white screen), and then throws me back out.
    I've tried resetting it a dozen times and would like to find an alternative method to restoring it.
    Thanks for the future help,
    Cheateate
  2. ska18

ska18 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hmm, looks like you might not have enough room left on the OSX partition of your ipods memory.
    id sugest installing BossTool and seeing how much room you have left on it, and if not deleting apps that you dont use all the time, or start moving applications onto the ipod partition of the hard drive.
    just make sure that you know what your doing when it comes to moving applications cause you can really mess up your ipod.

if you have anymore questions feel free to ask! i hope this works out for you.
    -ska18
  3. cheateate

cheateate New Member

Is there any way to get Boss Tool without going through the install.app? Because I'm not kidding when I say I can't get it open- it flashes white and then throws me back out onto the springboard.
    Cheateate
  4. Donosopj

Donosopj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

samething happened to me and i still cant get it fixed, i woke up this morning and saw that there was a new update in installer, after i updated it, my springboard never restarted so i got curious and went back to installer and now i crashes, and its been like that since this morning.. im still trying to find a solution to it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing happened to me, but i was able to install 1 app since i updated, but now it just wont open, it just crashes after like 2 seconds of loading... i really dont feel like resoring my ipod...
  6. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im just gunna try deleting a bunch of thems and stuff i put on my ipod... Can i uninstall apps by deleting them through cuteFTP pro... or will that mess it up?
  7. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok... i found another thread on this:
    HTML:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29588&highlight=bosstool
    Heres the part to help fix the problem:
    Dunno if it will work or not...
  8. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im hopeless

Please Register or Log in to view images

and very impatient.... sumthing happened and now when i try to open ANY apps or folders i created with catagories, it goes in for 2 seconds, then crashes and goes back to the summerboard. I am just gunna restore freshh
  9. cheateate

cheateate New Member

Well, I finally figured out winSCP and was able to clear off a few applications, but I still can't open the installer.
  10. bayeux

bayeux New Member

I have the same problem , pls help .