Can't get into DFU Mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Vuldrance, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Vuldrance

Vuldrance Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have an iPod Touch with 2.0 firmware and I've been trying to get it into DFU mode. I've tried many different methods and none have worked. The iPod itself seems to be in DFU mode, but it never shows up in iTunes with the message saying it needs to be restored. I keep holding onto Home and it never appears. I start off with it plugged into the computer with iTunes open.

Oh and another question.. does anyone know where I can get Shape Writing Pad?
  2. cdcrowell

cdcrowell Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    plug it i to your computer .hold the top button and home button unntil it powers off once it does that you will hear a little noise from your computer that lets you know its disconnected as soon as you hear that noise let go of the top button.keep holding the home button until it beeps again and says waiting for ipod on your computer then it will show up in itunes in dfu mode hope this helps it just takes practice
  3. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

wat he forgot to say was that once u turn it off hold the power button for 5 sec the the power and home for 10 then just the home button for 30 sec

that should do it for u
  4. Vuldrance

Vuldrance Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did what cdcrowell said except I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep holding Home after "Waiting for iPod..." appeared. I let go and then unplugged (wasn't getting anywhere) and plugged it back in and got error 1601.

simons: When I do that it turns on then off? :S
  5. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok u need to plug it in and then close itunes and then turn off ur ipod still conected, then u need to hold the power button for 5 sec then both the home and power button for 10 sec then let go of the power button and hold the home button for 25 sec

that should do it
  6. Vuldrance

Vuldrance Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is what I did.

1. Closed iTunes and plugged in iPod.
    2. Turned off iPod by holding the power button then sliding the screen.
    3. Held power for 5 seconds then home+power for 10...
    4. Holding home and nothing happened after.
  7. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well then u hav a ****ed ipod cause it works every time i do it

also u need to do it without stoping or waiting for somthing to happen

wat should happen is u should see the apple simble then it should turn off then it should turn the screen white....
  8. Vuldrance

Vuldrance Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol I actually found it on the side of a road, but I don't think there's a problem with it since it's been working fine. I think it's just my computer. I'm also using iTunes 8 so maybe that's why?

Also, when I turn it on by holding power for 5 seconds, it turns on and shows the Apple logo.. and then I hold both buttons and it disappears. Is it supposed to do that?
  9. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes that means that ur doing it correct then when u let go of the power button the screen will turn white
  10. Vuldrance

Vuldrance Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I just did it on my other computer and it seemed to work (said something about iPod DFU in a bubble, then iTunes opened and stuff). I didn't see it turn white thought, wasn't paying attention, but hopefully the restore will work.