Can't get Installer on ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by SpeedyK2000, May 5, 2008.

1. SpeedyK2000

SpeedyK2000 New Member

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.2
    iPod Touch: 16GB
    Firmware: 1.1.4

I bought an original ipod touch - without the iphone apps. I just upgraded to Firmware 1.1.4

I followed the instruction to pwn'd my ipod touch following the instructions - however after i was done - i could not figure out how to install the iphone apps.

Was pwn-ing my ipod supposed to install the Installer app?

Also the link: http://www.ipluspwns.com/ is dead - is this the software I need to add iphone apps?

I'm completely confused here - sorry for the nube-ness.

Help please!
  2. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Yes, pwning your ipod should include installer. Iphone apps may be in repo.ispazio.net
  3. SpeedyK2000

SpeedyK2000 New Member

I've tried re-pwning my ipod 6 times! Every time the pwning complete's and i get the pineapple logo - but I don't see the installer app on my ipod touch!

What am I doing wrong here??
  4. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pwning your iPod does not give you the Installer. You now have to simply create a custom IPSW using the one you used to pwn your touch. Or you could simply use iLibertyX.
  5. sokolov1

sokolov1 New Member

I'd use iLiberty or ZiPhone, not the pwnage tool , sorry but not enough people have used/tested it therefore you'll get alot more help if you use the aforementioned processes, personally i used iLiberty and my iPod was pretty much the exact description of what yours is. Good luck!