Can't Get Dummy Icons To Work

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by melih, Jan 9, 2009.

1. melih

melih New Member

Hey guys,

I'm using the latest Leopard theme, and i wanted to ass dummy apps in, so i can make my HDD icon on the right hand side, with Cydia just directly underneath, and to do this i was meant to copy and paste blank dummy apps in, that came with the theme. I calculated that i needed 17 dummy apps to fill the front page including the current icons i'm going to have on there (HDD, Cydia, Winterboard & Calendar), so i copied and pasted the 17 dummy apps into var/stash/applications, but when i reboot, they dont seem to show up, so i can't reorganize my apps on how i want them to.

I right clicked and clicked on properties and all of the permissions for the dummy apps were already on 755.

Any help guys?

Cheers.
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    That's because you put them in the wrong folder plus once you add them you need to rebuild the plist so springboard will show them.

First remove the ones you put in.
    Next go to cydia and download iblank it makes blank apps. And can delete them like you would delete an app store app. Just hold down icon and the x will appear on the corner of the icon. Very east to use.