Can't get bootrom based jailbreaks to work on iPod Touch 1G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Draco_Red, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I recently got an iPod Touch 1G 8GB (model #MA623LL) to use Android on, but I've been running into an odd problem. In order to install Android you need to jailbreak with a bootrom based jailbreak, but none of them seem to be working. Tried Blackra1n and redsnow; both say that they're working, but after reboot Cydia isn't there and there's no indication that they actually are jailbroken. Tried to DFU and install a custom sn0wbreeze firmware, but iTunes always sticks at "Preparing iPod" before giving a error ( so far I've got errors 2002, 1600, 1601 and 1602; gotta catch them all).

I've tried using iREB to bypass the errors, but on 4.0.x-4.1 it sticks at waiting for iBSS, on iREB V3.1.2 iREB opens but when I click on iPod Touch 1G, it just stays there with no response.

Userland based jailbreaks work fine (both spirit and Jailbreakme); but when I try to use the appropriate "2pwn" after I get a "subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 3" in cydia.

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Draco Red
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure you're using the correct version of redsn0w. You want the one at the bottom of this page Clicky clicky
  3. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, that's the version that I was using.
  4. Picu97

Picu97 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You are not supposed to install iOS 4 on an iPod touch 1G. The newest it can support is 3.1.3
  5. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know, I've been trying to jailbreak on 3.1.2; I had attempted to use iREB version 4.0.x-4.1 to bypass the iTunes errors since iREB V3.1.2 wasn't doing anything. iREB version 4.0.x-4.1 also does nothing, but is slightly more verbose about it.
  6. bkribbs

bkribbs Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^ He is right. If you have 4.0 or 4.1 installed it must not be a 1st gen.
  7. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Guys did he say anywhere he was running 4.0?

He is running 3.1.2.

That is THREE-POINT-ONE-POINT-TWO!
  8. Picu97

Picu97 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    He said: "I've tried using iREB to bypass the errors, but on 4.0.x-4.1 it sticks at waiting for iBSS, on iREB V3.1.2 iREB opens but when I click on iPod Touch 1G, it just stays there with no response."

That made me think he wanted to use iOS 4
  9. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If you read carefully you can see that their talking about the version of iReb not the OS Version
  10. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Update -- Other then the confusion here from iREB having the same version numbers as their corresponding iOS releases, I have gotten closer to jailbreaking. I tried working on a different computer and was able to use blackra1n there on 3.1.2. From there I was able install the custom Sn0wbreeze image; so looks like android is soon to follow.

Not sure why the Win 7 x64 system would work for this, but the supposedly more compatible 32 bit XP computer wouldn't. But anyways, looks good from here.

Thanks,

-- Draco Red