Can't find the SERVER!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrExile, Oct 27, 2007.

1. MrExile

MrExile New Member

hi ppl,
    i just bought my ipod touch 3 days ago, yesterday night, i access the internet wif my touch at my home n at a wireless hotspot at startbucks, no problems occured, i coul suft the net peacefully. However, after clearing my history at the end of yesterday, whenever i try to access the net now, the webpage would be unable to load, n after a few secs, a pop-up will appear stating that "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server"
    I have tried connecting with other networks at around my neighbourhood but i just can't seem to get it to work, any advice anyone? i think it has something to do with my clearing of the internet browsing history. Pls help! i don't want my Touch to be wifi-handicapped.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

Try turning off wifi, go to your home screem then reboot it while holding the home key for around 6 seconds. Hard Reboot.

Try it
  3. MrExile

MrExile New Member

i tried to hold down the hold key, the end which brings u to the home where u can select your calender , contacts, music, etc...? rite? but even though i hold it down, nth happens
  4. MrExile

MrExile New Member

bump... can anyone help me? i tried to do a hard reboot but the problem still occur, i fear that i may have accidently deleted some important wifi files.
  5. RedRoo

RedRoo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. MrExile

MrExile New Member

7. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

Good suggestion. I can't stress how important it is to use OpenDNS

I made a note in my notepad on the URLS to add to any wifi spot that I use:

This link only suggests for the first DNS. To put both DNS in you should separate it with a ',' so your DNS entry would be '208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220' with no quotes. This is the more reliable and recommended method.
  8. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

still aint working for me!!!!!