iOS 4.0 Cant find ipsw, already jailbroken (ibooks fix)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Musicislife, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Musicislife

Musicislife Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i jailbroke with redsn0w, and since then my brother was lucky enough to find an iphone 3gs and he wanted me to restore it for his use, so i did and i updated him to 4.0.2 with no jailbreak,
    now i want to rejailbreak my ipod 2g (not on 4.0.2 btw,) so it fixes ibooks. it should work seeing as how only the iphone was on 4.0.2, but when i go looking for the ipsw in application data/apple computer/itunes im not sure where my ipsw for the ipod is at. there is a new folder (iphone software updates) with the 4.0.2 ipsw, but in the ipod software updates there are ipsw's such as ipod_131.1.0.4 and ipod_14.1.3, there are more but too many to list. would i select one of these? i dont think so because none are labeled iPod2,1_4.0_8A293? i dont know what happened to the origional ipsw if its not here, ive checked all the other folders in the itunes folder for ipsw's but found nothing :/
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump/edit:
    im currently downloading a new ipsw for ios4, i guess i should just be able to browse for that file in redsnow and get past this step, correct? since it doesnt need to restore or anything, the file checking part is only there to verify firmwares for the ipods before it hacks into it? i just didnt want to have to do this because its going to take half an hour, didnt really expect a reply at 1 am though haha
  2. macsplash

macsplash New Member

Do a quick search for your iPod firmware: iPod2,1_4.0_8A293 and if not found just download it again. Then browse for it using redsn0w or just put it in your iPod software updates folder!
  3. helio

helio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Check your recycle bin, Itunes automaticaly deletes .ipsw files that are not up to date. Everytime I open Itunes it throws my iphone 4.0 ipsw in the trash bin, everytime I recover it again

Please Register or Log in to view images

(yes, I have a backup in a several folder)