Can't find current location

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wammybar6, Apr 24, 2009.

1. wammybar6

wammybar6 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My iPod touch 2g, ever since I bought it, and my old one, could never find my location in any app, including maps. Is there something I need to turn on, i've tried resetting it a few times but got nothing (i mean resetting the location services).
    After a while it just says "the app could not determine the location" please help.
  2. HotTub

HotTub New Member

I have the same problem with my new out of the box not Jailbroken Touch. It has never been able to locate me in any of the apps I have loaded on it when I'm in a "hot spot". Have to use the zip code method to to get it to work.
    I also would appreciate any help I could get with this problem.
  3. pieceofsummer

pieceofsummer Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, without GPS and even GSM there's no way to determine your location.
    Some public Wi-Fi hotspots (those are registered in Skyhook database) could also be used to detect your location.
  4. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    works fine for me i think it does it by gettin the longitude/latitude from your ip address so might be something wrong there
  5. myadb7

myadb7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you have to go to http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php and submit your location along with your mac address of your router. the website has links on how to find your mac address so you should be fine. once your location is registered your ipod should be able to find your location after a few days or few weeks