Can't find afc2add in Cydia or Cyder

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by InsaneMilkshake, Nov 24, 2009.

1. InsaneMilkshake

InsaneMilkshake New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi all, I'm new to the forums and I was seeking a little advice. I know you everyone likes to help each other here as I've used many posts to guide me along with my jailbreak.

However, I have one problem. I need afc2add so i can SSH into my 2G, 3.1.2 iPod Touch. I have openSSH already. The thing is, I search both Cydia and Cyder for afc2add and nothing comes up. I can't find this thing anywhere! If there is a source I'm missing or something, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

afc2add is from the ModMyi source, which is one of the default sources from Cydia. Just go into the ModMyi source and look for the package. Maybe it's having a problem searching for it.
  3. InsaneMilkshake

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that and post back. Such a simple solution - why didn't I think of it?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Can't always think of every solution, sometimes you need an outsider's perspective

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope you find it
  5. InsaneMilkshake

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I went to the ModMyi source, and still couldn't find it on my own. I even went the the System category where I think it's supposed to be and still can't find it. Oh well, I'll play with it some more and see what I can do - but something tells me I wont get it

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

That's really weird. Well, there's this thing call iPhone Folders that is for Windows x86. So, if you are on that, you might be able to use this to SSH without afc2add. I heard that you don't need afc2add for it, so you might as well give it a try.
  7. Mz8691

Mz8691 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From personal experience you need afc2add to view jail-broken file system. you will only be able to see regular file system. so, idk try to delete the source and re-add it.
  8. InsaneMilkshake

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the help guys. I tried re-adding the ModMyi source but it still didn't work. In the end I just reinstalled Cydia and searched for it again and it decided to cooperate. I appreciate the insight.