Can't end iPod service processes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by halpert, Oct 19, 2007.

1. halpert

halpert New Member

My iPod is plugged in, and I'm about to begin my jailbreak but processes like "AppleMobileDevice" and "iPodService.exe" are refusing to end.

The windows says,

"The operation could not be completed.

Access is denied."

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen. Should I go ahead with the jailbreak or should I find out a way to end these processes?
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Try restarting your computer and closing the applications. Make sure iTunes is closed.
  3. halpert

halpert New Member

Well iTunes isn't open so I guess I'll have to go through the painful and slow process that is restarting my computer.

Thanks for your help and I'll get back to you if it works.
  4. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

No problem, I am glad to help.
  5. jord

jord New Member

This might be a dumb question... but from reading your original post I get the feeling like you are assuming the command prompt is going to close these processes for you, and all you have to do is press enter to do so...

If that's the case then that's your problem... and hit ctrl alt del.. to close them from the task manager...

It's late, and i'm drunk... so i'm sorry if that was a stupidly obvious answer...
  6. halpert

halpert New Member

Alright, well I restarted and iPodService.exe is still refusing to end.

I'm guessing it could potentially be a problem during the automatic jailbreak, so how can I work around this?

edit: Jord, what are you talking about? I think you should get sober and then you can try to help me out.
  7. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

im guessing your running vista because i had this same problem. on order for me to do it i had to disable user account control. to do this type: msconfig in the search bar in the start menu. then click on msconfig. go to the tools tab. then scroll down to: Disable UAC. Double click on it and a window should pop up. Ignore it and restart your computer. then u can close the process.
  8. halpert

halpert New Member

I'm running XP, so how else could I get to msconfig? I'm trying the crappy search with the yellow dog, but it could take like, a half hour to find it.

I found 4 msconfig files but I haven't found a tools tab. I'm the administrator so this shouldn't be a problem (Or at least I think it shouldn't be).
  9. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Go to run>msconfig. the system configuration controls will appear.
  10. halpert

halpert New Member

Eh, well I still need .NET framework 3.0 and I'm having trouble installing that, too. I think I'll just lay off the jailbreaking for now.

Thanks for your help guys.