Can't easily modify N45AP.plist on windows, please upload?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by damnrobot, Oct 28, 2007.

1. damnrobot

damnrobot New Member

I am using touchfree and a WinSCP to communciate with my Ipod Touch. I have read the instructions on how to modify the N45AP.plist but there is no built in way to edit that file format on windows. if I covert from binry to xml it looks messy.

I don't understand why someone doesn't just upload a modified version of the file for everyone to use.

All i want to do is enable adding events to my calendar, if youc ould share the modified N45Ap.plist file that would be great!
  2. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

What do you mean it looks messy? What is so hard about modifying it?
  3. damnrobot

damnrobot New Member

oh when I converted from binary to xml and then open in note pad it retains none of the formatting and there are square characters all over the place. It just wasn't obvious (as a non coder) where to put the lines and if I needed to add the squares as well. I think people on a MAC have a built in editor that displays the code properly tabbed and formatted so it is easy like html editing or something.
  4. damnrobot

damnrobot New Member

I found a way to edit it properly now. I used a program called XML marker after I had converted the .plist file from bianry to XML.

Just added the two lines in the capabilities section.
  5. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

6. spagbol46

spagbol46 New Member

why dont you just use the calendar fix in installer?
  7. sinatra

sinatra New Member

Where has the Calendar Fix App Gone?

I have had to restore my wk 39 itouch because the keyboard stopped working in the vertical position. Restoring did not resolve the problem. However, when I re-jailbroke the itouch the Installer.app fails to register the Calendar Fix application on the list. Either my ipod is messed up and still thinks the app is installed from the last installation or the app has been removed off for download. Can anyone confirm this ? If if is my itouch that is messed up can you advise on a solution?