Can't drag Apps to ipod

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Raoull, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Raoull

Raoull New Member

I don't know whats going on, I tried restoring it, to no success. I can't seem to drag applications from iTunes onto my iPod. How do I get them over, other than turning the Syncing on? cause I don't want it deleting things that isn;t on my iTunes.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You have to sync.
  3. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

which pisses me off
  4. Raoull

Raoull New Member

Wow, thats just about the best idea ever. . .
  5. dantodd

dantodd New Member

it won't run 1.1.4 jailbreak apps and all the 2.0 apps should be available on the app store so just load it directly.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    He's not talking about 1.1.4 apps, he's talking about 2.0 apps that he got through iTunes.
  7. bteyema

bteyema New Member

yea... it sucks... i would suggest getting them directly from your ipod touch... not even from the computer iTunes Store... because if you delete the app on your iPod, the next time you plug it in... the app will sync right back to your iPod... which is quite frustrating, i might add...
  8. pmyxdrbf

pmyxdrbf New Member

I am also affected by this.

I don't want to sync as I have 2 ipods... a 32gb click wheel and an 8gb ipod touch.

I have too much music to sync onto my ipod touch (ie.e more than 8gb) and simply want to drag the apps across to my ipod touch. I was sold the ipod touch on the pre text that I could use all these 'wonderful' applications. But I can't.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone has a ligit solution to this that doesn't involve jailbreaking - i'd like to hear it.
  9. darkmess

darkmess Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod touch doesn't have to sync both Applications and Music, and you can turn automatic syncing off.
  10. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, so to only add to my frustration.....well, let's call it what it is.......HATRED of iTunes. I just figured this out tonight myself. (Yes, I know this thread's a year old)

I used my daughter's account to d/l Fruit Ninja into iTunes itself cuz I knew she had it (with an iTunes card that *I* bought her, no less) and she asked if I'd played it. So I figured I'd go over to our family desktop & drag it over to my ipod......right??.....WRONG!!!

HOWEVER (and this is the best part)..........I sign out of the app store under my ID (on my ipod, of course) and sign back in on hers and PRESTO, "You already own this app would you like to d/l for free?" (Uhhh...DUH!!!)

So the only thing that the Jobs has done is wasted more bandwidth as I have now d/l'd the program on all 4 of the ipods in the house using BANDWIDTH instead of just dragging & dropping.

Sometimes, I swear................. (facepalm)