Can't Download Podcasts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DaPoolRulz, Jul 6, 2010.

1. DaPoolRulz

DaPoolRulz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does anyone have any idea why I can't download podcasts anymore? I used to be able to do it up until around a month or two ago, but now when I try to do it, I'll go into the podcast I want to download, but before it brings up the episodes it stops and brings me back to the home screen.

I tried re-setting all my settings, the only other thing I can think of would be a full restore but the computer I had iTunes on is out of action, so if I did that I'd lose all my songs...

Also on a side note, is there any way to remove photos that I uploaded to my iPod from my computer without syncing and without losing all my other content?
  2. ActualTyler

ActualTyler New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same problem.

I'm dealng with the same problem (a few of my friends are too) it's really getting frustrating (I joined this website just to get answers lol). I don't know how to fix the problem (im guessing that its a problem on itunes end) but I do know of an alternitive way to listen to a podcast without iTunes, and that is to go to the podcast's website, eg. smodcast.com, and simply live stream it. Downside: you have to stay in the internet connection which kinda defeats the purpose of the iPod.

As for the photos, you can touch the picture you want to delete and in the bottom-right corner should be a trash can which you then touch to delete it.

Hope that helped. And I hope iTunes gets their sh*t together soon lol.

Oh yeah, and DON'T reset your iPod, especially if you will lose your songs if you do. It won't help, I've tried and lost some songs and apps in the process.
  3. DaPoolRulz

DaPoolRulz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That only works for snapshots taken with the iPod, it isn't there on photos uploaded to it by the computer.

But thanks for the rest of the info, I'll try that podcast website until something turns up