Can't download or update?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SMW22792, Feb 3, 2008.

1. SMW22792

SMW22792 New Member

It keeps telling me that the package failed to download. I tried the EDGE network, and my wi-fi connection, and nothing works. Whats going on?
  2. anthonym987

anthonym987 New Member

i have the same problem! cant download anything from installer!, someone help
  3. DVSkater0991

DVSkater0991 New Member

did you try different Wi-Fi connections???

You might have to Do a Restore...IdK..haha
  4. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

Make sure you haven't exceeded your 300 megabyte application limit.
  5. nightfall

nightfall New Member

Try to just refresh, this happened to me. If it does not work, refresh again and reboot.
  6. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    same with me only stared after I updated installer
    how can i downgrade installer
  7. Dugah

Dugah New Member

mine installer wont even open! every time i do try to open it, the screen goes white and it goes back to the home screen. does anyone have any ideas or advice?
  8. stinkypooman

stinkypooman New Member

same here

im having the same problem (package download fail), but my friend said he had the same problem, and he said it juts fixed itself as he played with it (reset, reboot, restart, on/off, wi-fi on/off etc.) It looks like lots of people are having this problem with the new version of installer and theres no real "fix" yet so yeah ill try play with mines too and come back if i can get it to work. I am running 1.1.2 and i have never installed 1.1.3 jb or legally
  9. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 New Member

I keep getting the same problem. I get "Package download failed: can't find host!" this is using r4m0n's source & seems to do it on all sources.

does anybody know what to do?
  10. ScottB

ScottB New Member

I think there are a couple of issues going on. Some people cant get ANYTHING through installer and some people are having intermittent issues with it.

If you cant get ANYTHING make sure you have available space in the root partition.

cd /
    df -k .

Make sure you are below 100%. If you aren't you need to move your Apps to /private/var.

For those of us that are having intermittent issues, I think we are seeing an installer issue. I can download some packages and some I cant. Doesn't matter how many times I clear the queue and reboot and try again. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

An example is EvolutionRGB. It doesn't matter how many times I try I get "Download of package failed".