Can't Downgrade Your 3g 8gb to 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ownerofspam, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, I meant to post this last week, but then after unexpected circumstances I didn't get a chance to, so I'ma post this now to avoid some confusion, which looks like has already started.

Any newly bought iPod Touch 3g 8GB will no longer work with Coca-cola's method. You'll get error 28 in DFU, and I can't remember the error number for recovery mode, but it won't sign it anymore.

Apple is having the ECID of the 8GB implimented just as strongly as the other 3rd gen models now. Previously, you could still downgrade because it required no checking, and allowed you to run 2g firmware, which allowed the downgrade. Now that Apple has implimented a full ECID check, this is no longer possible.

Any iPod Touch bought after the beginning of March may not be able to downgrade.
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    That's too bad.

Where's you source?
  3. ownerofspam

ownerofspam Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. My sister owns one that won't downgrade and had this error, so that's what got me interested, personal experience.
    2. Modmyi had a thread complaining about it, I don't know if I'm allowed to link to other forums, so I won't, but if you look it up I'm sure you'll find it over there.