Can't Downgrade to 1.1.1 - touch freezes.....?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by thewaughnick, Dec 9, 2007.

1. thewaughnick

thewaughnick New Member

Every time i try to downgrade to 1.1.1 my ipod touch freezes up on me. The apple logo shows up....the little line wheel turns once.....then freezes up. Every time!! I know i have the right firmware - so thats not the problem. My only choice its to always go back to 1.1.2. Its funny because it NEVER has a problem going back to 1.1.2. Uggggggg!! This is driving me crazy!!! When will there be a " TRUE " 1.1.2 jailbreak?? I hope someone much smarter than me is working day and night to solve this!!! Just joking.......im happy for all the work people have done to help us out. Im also happy for the people who are able to downgrade so easy.......I just wish that was ME!! Can anyone help??? I had already " jailbroken " ( is that right ? ) my touch....but had a problem with it freezing up on me a few times. So i thought, i will update it to 1.1.2 and then i bet there will be a jailbreak within days!!!! I was right, but had no idea how screwed i was going to be. My touch runs fine with 1.1.2........I JUST NEED MY 3rd PARTY APPS BACK!!! I miss my nes/gba emulator!!! If anyone has any ideas please give'em to me. Im at my wits end!! My e-mail is TheWaughNick@yahoo.com

Mac fan.....
    16 gig iod touch ( jailbroken or just a dream )
    160 gig MacBookPro
    80 gig Ipod classic
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Tell me the name of the file.
  3. thewaughnick

thewaughnick New Member

firmware? or another file name?

the firmware im using is..." iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw " I even went and downloaded another copy of the firmware and tried that one - Same result. I had read a ton of post about what firmware to get......i was directed to a site to download the firmware, and did so. I have had some trouble with my ipod touch after the first time i jailboke it. Even after i restored it to 1.1.2 - i thought it was fine, but today it would restart itself when i was loading music. The screen would go blank and then the apple logo showed up and restarted again. Can i just send my touch back to Apple and get them to send a new one????? Or will they just try to fix it????? What is my best plan of action now??? Thanks to anyone who can help...........

I love everything APPLE, and just want my
    Ipod Touch to work again........

Nick Waugh.

p.s. As of now, it seems to be working ( 1.1.2 ) - but every now and then it just restarts itself. - I was looking through my music and click on one of my songs - BOOM, the screen went black and restarted!! What the F???
  4. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. thewaughnick

thewaughnick New Member

I have tried all of that.....

Yeah, i went through all those steps and still i cannot downgrade to 1.1.1 !!!! It still freezes up on me like two seconds into the downgrade. In the itunes window it says " extracting software - or something " and then it starts to install the 1.1.1 firmware and then BOOM - it freezes up, screen goes blank, and then restarts - then i get an error message. What do you think about sending my ipod touch back to Apple? Is that a bad idea? Anyways, thanks for the help!!! Im so pissed at all the trouble im going through. When will they release a " True " 1.1.2 jailbreak......like with www.jailbreak.com? LATER!! If you have any ideas with what to do , let me know!!
  6. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    just try again from a full restore.

force restore will bring you to 1.1.2

actually, thinking back, if you have a new itunes on a comp w/o wifi, maybe you could trick it into thinking your 1.1.1 is the current version
    but thats an afterhtought

it happend to me once, so i tried it again on another computer. it worked fine.
  7. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

iphone driveis available for download so you can get apps on your itouch
  8. bach1229

bach1229 New Member

OK, I've pretty much did everything the instructions said to do in order to downgrade to version 1.1.1 but, I continually get the error (5) and I can't downgrade. Apple really got me on this....

Please Register or Log in to view images

. May anyone please help me, please? Thnx in advance.
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had the same problem I think, pm me your iTunes/ system config
  10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ME 2 i am having that problem too

its getting me angerd