Can't downgrade to 1.1.1 - Touch dies when asleep....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by racingclub, Dec 24, 2007.

1. racingclub

racingclub New Member

Hi,

I recently bought a 16gb iPod Touch and successfully jailbreak'd using Oktoprep & upgraded to 1.1.2.

Was using fine for a couple of weeks with only a few iPhone apps like Mail & Weather.

One morning picked up the iPod to drive to work & it wouldn't turn on, even though I knew it was charged. Done a full reboot (held Home & Sleep) and the iPod started up & I listented to a few tunes in the car. However, when the iPod went to sleep, I couldn't wake it up & again had to do a reset.

I did a forced restore with 1.1.2 but I still get the sleep problem - the iPod won't wake up & I have to do a forced reboot every time. I also can't do a downgrade to 1.1.1 (with the same firmware I used to first jailbreak the device). When I try to downgrade the iPod goes into restore mode but then the screen freezes & flashes & reboots back to the 'plug into iTunes' screen.

I've tried to downgrade on a variery of computers, both Win & OSX, but I still get the same error.

I also get some crash logs occaisionaly when syncing with iTunes.........

Any help?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... you've done multiple full restores and you still have the sleeping death? Have you jailbroken after these restores or have you tried it for a day or so without re-jailbreaking it? Only reason I ask is because the iPod Touch has two "partitions" - the first partition is the OS/applications which is cleaned up when yoyu restore; while the second partition is the media partition which is NOT cleaned up when you restore. I'm wondering if you've still got some setting on the media partition that's causing issues?

My take? Restore to clean the OS/application partition, then go into your iPod Touch to the Settings panel, select General, then select Reset and clear off that second partition as well. Try it for a day without re-jailbreaking. If it still doesn't clear up the sleeping death, exchange it...
  3. racingclub

racingclub New Member

cheers for the response. Can't re-jailbreak it as I can't downgrade to 1.1.1

Have also tried a full reset/clean-out from the settings panel

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sounds like a call to Mr Apple

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've been putting off getting my AppleTV swapped out as well....