can't downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Steamburn123, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Steamburn123

Steamburn123 New Member

Ok first of all i watched and viewed every posts and videos on YouTube about how to downgrade my ipod touch 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 jailbreak.

I did every steps but everytime when i click "shift" and "restore" buttom, then click the 1.1.1 restore icon thingy, then it keeps saying "Your iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1)".
    why???
  2. ross cristiano

ross cristiano New Member

are you on a pc?
  3. deep_ipodtouch

deep_ipodtouch New Member

This wont work to downgrade to 1.1.1.
    Please select restore,and the follow the steps it will bring you back to 1.1.3
  4. Steamburn123

Steamburn123 New Member

yes i'm on the PC

and i did that too restoring back to 1.1.3.

this is getting impatient of not working!!!
  5. Trevie

Trevie New Member

What?

is there no possible way to get apps back on my ipod touch if it is on 1.1.3?
  6. navyseals523

navyseals523 New Member

first off, trevie, your off topic so no more talking. go to search...

and about your issue. I had the same problem, made me freak out. What I did was quite simple and takes little time. First, i factory restored back to 1.1.3. So no songs, vids, apps, everything was gone, like a brand new iPod. From there i go through the downgrading steps again. And for me, this time it worked. Why it suddenly worked or what caused it to start with , I have no idea. Also, if that doesn't work for you, try reinstalling the 1.1.1 file and using the new one instead of the old one. I don't see any reason so why it would matter but I recall reinstalling mine. So give it a shot, can't hurt. Good luck to ya.
  7. Trevie

Trevie New Member

srry..

maybe i wasn't specific enough, you are trying to get a 1.1.3 ipod touch downgraded to a 1.1.1 ipod touch so you can jailbreak it? which would allow you to use apps, which is what i want. i tried putting it into recovery mode, connecting to the computer and option clicking (cause I'm on a mac) restore to get the firmware on there, it didn't work, i tired again after restoring to 1.1.3 again and re-downloading the firmware and it still doesn't work. i would just like to get my apps on there again and i am told you can only do that from 1.1.1 jail-broken.
  8. Steamburn123

Steamburn123 New Member

where do i get the 1.1.1 file??? I kinda forgot where i look for at this forum..
  9. usa71

usa71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  10. Steamburn123

Steamburn123 New Member

um.... can't open that homepage....